Welcome back to my blog 🙂❤️
First off, a big thank you on the response on my previous blog! 😍😭 I appreciate all of you who take time to view my content. The love is overwhelming and motivates me a lot. 😊 ✨❤️
So, today I’m going to finally share my long promised wash day routine and I hope you find it useful and good for you.
I promised to review @Velveteenyou ( on Instagram ) products and share the results with you. They work amazing and so instantly. My hair is colored and because of that it was breaking and had become brittle and a month or two later, it’s so full and soft 💕
– So the first thing I do is Pre-poo the night before. This is basically the treating of your hair before shampooing. It really helps with detangling and retaining moisture. I recently learnt of this step and it has saved a life. So basically this involves applying oils and moisturizing your hair before co-washing/shampooing. I use coconut oil and olive oil at times but you can mix as many oils as you can. After this, I plait my hair into big twist and wear a bonnette over night. ☺️
2 . CO-WASH
I love @velveteenYou’s hydrating and cleansing shampoo because of the ingredients and works. It’s so good for soft hair because it’s sulfate and silicon free and ph balanced. I think this is the only shampoo I can use because I had initially stopped using shampoos when I came to Ukraine.
So basically, I shampoo the next day (focus on the scalp. Clean scalp= Happy healthy hair ) about 1/2 times . I use the protein deep masque because your girl is trying to regain volume and attain length.
Co-WASH- If I’m not having mask week, I use the dual multipurpose conditioner after shampooing and leave it in my hair 3-5 minutes for basic conditioning or 20-30 minutes for deep conditioning.
After washing I undo the twists and do Bantu knots whilst applying a whisked mixture of 100% organic shear butter and coconut oil. I let it dry (with no external heat) and then undo the knots, (detangle,optional) apply daily hydrating tea mix and I’m good to go! 💝
Try as much as possible to work with organic products. Those are best for virgin hair.
- Get something that works for the texture and porosity (wrote about it in my previous hair post- Let the Fro’ glow ) of your hair.
- Avoid using heat to dry your hair, instead let it dry naturally. Heat really damages hair
- Wash your hair regularly even when you have braids on, dirt still accumulates with or without braids ☺️
- Drink water and eat well, it plays a role 💕